Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a seuss-ism for the day

    As I have explained before, I adore Dr. Seuss...he speaks straight to my heart.  Here is the seuss-ism that has been on my mind a lot lately.
  “How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”
   This is the feeling I have literally every day of my life.  When I was young Monday always felt like torture because the weekend was so far away, but now my weekend is always just lurking around the corner.  In the sense of days and weeks I don't really notice as much how fast the time goes but in the larger sense the time has "flewn".  How do I have a one and a half year old???  She was such a tiny little baby just yesterday!  Did I really meet Andrew 3 years ago??  Have I really lived away from home for almost 4 years???  Don't you remember when you were young and school would start in September and thinking about being in school until May felt like forever?  I just wanted time to go by so fast...but now all I want is to slow everything down.  I want to enjoy my baby so much before she becomes a teenager and is too cool for me and thinks I'm embarrassing.  I just want every day to last longer.  I want my weekends to slow down because its the only time I see Andrew.  I know it seems so silly but when Seuss said "Its night before its afternoon" he took the words right out of my mouth.  Does every body feel that way??  My days are always just ending so fast that I feel like I'm crawling into bed 2 hours after I wake up.  Time, please slow down.  Please let me enjoy and cherish the full 16 hours a day that I'm awake.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know what you mean. I feel the same way. Now that MaKaela is turning one it seems so surreal that she shouldn't just be a newborn still.

    ReplyDelete