Friday, September 23, 2011

Warning! Joie's first bloody nose

Ahh the joys of motherhood!!  There is nothing I love more then catching dripping blood with my bare hands!  Today we had my friend Janica and her two girls, Emily and Allyson, over to play for a couple of hours and Joie and Emily were just playing around and getting a little crazy.  Joie was trying to give her a huge bear hug behind and Emily was trying to squirm out of it when Joie got a nice bonk to the nose.  She gave a whimper and ran to me with her hand over her nose and like the good mom I am I said "Its okay Joie, don't cry, you're fine".  Of course she uncovered her nose and there was blood everywhere.  Poor Joie got my bloody nose genetics.  When I was younger I got horrible bloody noses all the time so I'm sure Emily barely tapped Joie's nose but it was enough to turn on the faucet.  It was pouring out pretty good for the first 10 minutes or so and since I'm such an amazing mom I grabbed my camera and took a picture before cleaning it up.  Sorry for the graphic image.


On another note, I am feeling SO blessed right now.  I don't mean to be one of those corny women who gushes about how amazing her life is or anything but things are pretty great!  I am a pretty social person and even though I definitely need some quite time I also love spending time with people and I was really worried when we moved I would spend all day alone with the kids in my apartment.  Since we have moved here, however, I have met so many women that I would already consider to be my good friends.  There are a handful of women from church, some wives of Andrew's co-workers, and I have an amazing neighbor too!  All of these people have kids close to the same age as my kids and it has just been so wonderful and so much fun.  I also get to see my Grandma (whom Joie has renamed Gumi Gumi) at least once a week.  She has practically turned her house into a little nursery with a pack and play, toys, a bouncer thing for Berkeley, a swing in the back yard, changes of clothes, and about a million other awesome things.  Life still has trials but I must admit that in general, things are pretty awesome right now!

Since my last two posts were mainly about Joie I just had to throw in a little picture of my Berkey too!

Here are a couple little pictures I snapped at the beach yesterday too.  My sister in law took some really cute pictures so when she gets me the disc I will have to post some of those too!



Love her little baby boobies!!

1 comment: