Sunday, September 18, 2011

Joie's third birthday

I absolutely cannot believe that my baby girl is 3 years old!  We headed to Vegas last weekend because my mom planned a big surprise 50th birthday party for my dad.  We decided to have a birthday party for Joie the day after my dads.  She wanted a unicorn/my little pony party so we gave her one!  I took a lot of video clips of the party and my mom took most of the pictures and I forgot to get them off her memory card (stay tuned).  It was so much fun because she was finally at an age where she was so excited for her birthday.  She knew what presents were, she knew she was going to get to eat cake and blow out candles and do all the fun birthday stuff.




Joie is such a fun little girl.  She loves to dress herself these days and always in dresses or skirts.  She loves to be super girly and play princesses and unicorns and dress up but she is also the toughest little girl I know.  She loves to go kick a soccer ball and/or play catch with her daddy.  She is absolutely fearless at the playground and her legs are always covered in bruises but she is super tough and very seldom cries because of getting hurt (however, she cries for plenty of other reasons).  She is extremely independent and wants to do EVERYTHING by herself.  Sometimes this is very helpful and sometimes this drives me absolutely crazy.  It is really nice, however, that when I'm really busy she is fine with spending an hour or two in her room by herself playing.  I could gush about how amazing I think she is for hours but I will spare all of you.  She is such a good sister and such a sweet daughter.  She makes us happy everyday (even the days when she also drives us crazy) and I can't imagine my life without her in it.  I love you Joie Low!  Happy 3rd Birthday!

Since most of the birthday pictures are on my moms camera I won't be able to post them for a couple weeks until I can get my hands on her memory card so here are some pictures I have of Joie lately.


This one is actually from her birthday.  She wanted a "bike" just like the one my mom has so we found one that is pink and got it for her for her birthday and of course we had to get her the unicorn helmet because she is beyond obsessed with unicorns right now.


Looks like someone is ready for fall!  Joie loves to dress up in my Uggs (and don't judge my super messy apartment I promise it is normally not like that).


Joie finally got to meet Cinderella at Disneyland and she was SOOOO excited.  She loves going to Disneyland and so do I!  We have had so much fun taking advantage of our Disney passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment