Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My date with Joie

Yesterday Joie and I went on a little mommy daughter date to Disneyland!  I was so excited to spend a little alone time with my baby girl!!  While we were driving to Disneyland I heard a huge gasp come from the back seat and Joie screamed "OH NO, Where is my Berkeley Boo?" and was in a panic that Berkeley wasn't with us.  I never put much thought into it but I never go anywhere without both of the kids and I never thought it would make Joie sad but she asked me tons of times last night where her baby sister was and if daddy was going to bring her to Disneyland so she could be with us.  It was so adorable!


Once we got there we met up with my friend Darrien and her little boy Blaise.  Joie and Blaise are BEST friends and love to play together.  We had such a blast hitting up a few rides and watching the parade.




It was an absolute blast to go out with just Joie.  I LOVE spending time with both of my kids and you better believe I missed Berkeley (and Andrew of course) like crazy while I was there but I miss spending time with just Joie.  We laughed and ran and we didn't have to stop to make bottles or nurse the baby or anything like that.  Even in the drive home while it was dark she kept telling me it was okay for her to be loud because Berkeley wasn't sleeping in the car.  We had so much fun.  I also can't wait until Berkeley is old enough for her to enjoy mommy daughter dates too!  I love this little girl!  She helps me remember to make life fun and enjoy all the crazy little moments.

(as some of you may have noticed, Joie has a new favorite dress.  It is this zebra dress.  Her pink dress use to be her favorite and its about all she wore for 6 months.  I believe in letting your kids pick out their own outfits because I feel like its one of the few ways they can express themselves so get use to seeing the zebra dress because it is her newest obsession)

No comments:

Post a Comment