Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It was the best of times it was the worst of times....

Charles Dickens, what was on your mind when you wrote this? I like to imagine sometimes that you were a mother who was home by herself all day with children. Daily you would cry because it was too much for you to take and you were sleep deprived and behind of everything you needed to get done. As you feel the exhaustion about to consume you, your child does something to melt your heart and just like that, it was as if you had not a care in the world.
I like to imagine that you didn't have any money and it felt like you could never get on your feet...but you had a family who loved you more than anything.
I like to imagine that you were so alone...that you didn't have one friend. No one knew you and no one talked to you and it appeared as if no one care and it was so hard....but you knew how much the Lord loved you so it made everything else seem so small in comparison.
You knew what it was all about, didn't you Mr. Dickens? You knew that every time life feels like it is the "worst of times" that really it is the "best of times". You knew that later on you always look back on those times you thought were so hard and end up seeing such amazing things come from it. Mr. Dickens, thank you for constantly reminding me that my worst of times can ALWAYS be my best of times.

2 comments:

  1. Joie is so adorable! What a fun christmas! And I love this. Mr. Dickens thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete