Wednesday, December 8, 2010

a sweet joie-ism

I think every mom is guilty of this.  Our kids say the cutest stuff and we think we will always remember and of course we don't.  Joie did the sweetest thing this morning and I want to remember it.

With this pregnancy I have spent the past 2 months waking up at 4 in the morning and about half the time I can't fall back asleep at all and the other half of the time I fall asleep about an hour before Joie wakes up.  I function alright on little sleep but after a while it still wares on me.  Last night I was exhausted and needed a good sleep and of course I only got about 3 hours.  So by the time Joie woke up I had been awake for a long time and I was so exhausted that I wasn't acting very happy.  I got Joie out of her crib and poured her a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table at put my head in my hands and started to cry (yes I'm pregnant so sometimes I cry over things like being tired).  When Joie realized I was crying she came over and rubbed my back and said "you ok, momma?" and I said, "No honey Mommy isn't ok right now, but I will be". I guess she didn't understand this and all she heard was no and she started crying.  So of course the mom instinct took over and I took her in my arms and said, "Honey, whats the matter?"  and through her tears she said "YOU OK MOMMA??" in the most concerned heart broken voice I've ever heard.  Of course I responded that momma was ok.  The tears immediately turned into a smile and she said "Ok momma!" and gave me a hug and went on like nothing ever happened.  I felt so blessed at this moment to be a mommy that I knew I couldn't spend one more moment feeling bad for myself and I spent the rest of the time playing with and enjoying my sweet little girl.  

I know this post isn't too exciting but it was a moment that melted my heart that I didn't want to forget.

4 comments:

  1. I try to do these posts all the time because it's so true, we forget. I just did one yesterday. It's just great to have for many years down the road.

    What a sweet little girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Im not pregnant and this made me cry! :) I'm sad I won't be there for the party this Saturday. I haven't seen you in way too long. Love you!

    ReplyDelete