Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Joie Low!












Well it is official...my baby is 1! Her birthday was on thursday the 10th but we celebrated it on saturday the 12th with a party for her at our house with some friends and family. It was so much fun! I also would like to take a moment to boast and tell everyone that I didnt shed a single tear! I definately ADORE my little girl but I love her so much as she is right now that I dont miss the baby stage!





Well I know that every parent on this earth feels this way but I just feel so incredibly blessed. I am humbled and honored that the Lord intrusted us with such a sweet and amazing little spirit. She teaches me so much daily. She teaches me how to be patient when she cant move quickly because she is barely learning to walk, or when she wants something but doesnt know how to ask for it. She teaches me how to enjoy simple things like a cute puppy walking by in the park, or just sitting in the grass eating a chicken nugget. Most importaintly she has taught me how to love unconditionally.





I remember when I was little I would always ask my mom which one of us she loved the most and she always said she loved us all the same, of course. But I would ask her about that all the time because it didnt make sense to me. One day she told me that when she married my dad she thought her love capacity was full. Then when she had my brother Jared she realized she felt double the way she had felt before. When she was pregnant with me she found herself wondering, "can I possibly love this baby as much as I love my first". Of course I came out and she realized it was possible to love all of us the same. She expressed this to me in a way that I have always loved and it is exactly how I feel right now. She told me that since her heart was full of love for my dad that every time she had a baby she grew a new heart that was filled to the top with love for that child. That is how I feel right now with my joie, and interesting enough my love for Andrew grows as my love for Joie grows because I see so much of him in her every day and I see how much he adores us both! I just want the Lord to know how grateful I am for the AMAZING family that he has intrusted me with.





1 comment:

  1. 1) I love Joie.
    2) I can't believe she's so old.
    3) You're beautiful.
    4) I head that blogs were the thing to do in Utah so I looked to see if you had one and I got one so I could follow you.
    5) I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete